When the phone damaged by water is just like a nightmare, which will bring a series of unexpected hopelessness to our life and work, but have you dared to imagine what will happen if all your data were missing at the meantime? Of course, this will make the situation even worse, but even so, it’s important to insist fix it, there is a ray of hope that your wet phone might be saved. The most urgent thing you need to do now is to fix your wet phone and then get back your losing data. At this point, if you are still wondering about what to do next, follow the instructions in this article which will lead you through the darkness, hoping you can find the ways to brightness as early as possible.
Firstly ways of fixing a water-damaged phone:
1) Remove it from the water immediately. The sooner it gets here, the better chances of recovering data. The moment liquid gets inside it starts oxidation and rusting process, which can make data permanently unrecoverable.
2) Switch off your phone.
3) Dry it off with a towel. Remember not to dry it off with a blow dryer as this could melt the circuit board and other parts.
4) Put your phone in a bunch of silica packets, or in the bowl of uncooked rice and cover it up.
5) Leave it in the rice for at least 24 hours and preferably 48 hours. Hopefully, after 24 - 48 hours it will have dried out, the logic board wasn’t damaged, and the device will still work.
You can find more solutions to wet phone here.
To retrieve water damaged iPhone data, please go forward! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a backup in iTunes, you can try these three methods.
1. Download, install and Launch iOS Data Recovery on your computer. There are three recovery modes for you, firstly choose to recover from iOS Device and then connect your water damaged iPhone to the computer and click to "Download" button.
2. Scan your water damaged iPhone. Enter the scanning mode of your phone, click "Start Scan" button to scan data on your damaged iPhone. After clicking the "Start" button, press the "Power" and the "Home" at the same time immediately for exact 10 seconds. The program will count the time for you. When the 10 seconds passed, release the "Power" button right now, but keep pressing the "Home" for another 10 seconds.
3. Preview and recover data from water damaged iPhone. After the scan, all of the found data will be listed in different categories Preview all the data before recovery. Then choose those data you want to get back and click "Recover" button save them all on your computer with one click.
Note: You can down load a free trial version of iOS Data Recovery for your phone, it also works fine.